Unique to vets in the south west Sydney region, Uni Vets Camden is home to an on-site clinical pathology lab allowing us to offer rapid turnaround of blood tests and other clinical pathology tests.
The Department’s automated instrumentation and skilled technical staff offer a range of diagnostic pathology services. Experienced senior pathologists, a training pathology intern and ready access to a range of specialist and highly qualified pathologists ensure accurate, detailed and clinically relevant results. External laboratories are sometimes utilised to supplement available services.
- Full haematology and biochemistry analyses (blood counts)
Blood and other fluid chemistries
- Progesterone (two hour turnaround)
- Cytological analysis of fluids (joint, pleural, peritoneal and cerebrospinal fluid) and fine needle aspirates
- Microbial (bacterial, fungal) isolation, identification, and antibiotic sensitivity testing
- Blood parasite testing (haemoprotozoan parasites, nematodes)
- Histopathology (biopsy) diagnostic service
- Full post mortem examination service.
The on-site laboratory also provides their full range of services to external veterinarians. To supply a sample, simply complete the Clinical Pathology Request Form and drop the form and sample in to 410 Werombi Road, Brownlow Hill (near Camden). For further information call 02 4655 0777 or email email@example.com